Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gobble Till You Wobble!

You know how we always tell each other to "have a great day!" Well this afternoon I was praying and I told God to have a great day. At first I thought it was really silly for me to say something like that but then it got me thinking. Why don't we tell God to have a great day? Now I do know that He is capable of having a great day...afterall, He is God but He can also have bad days right?

You see, I believe that it hurts God's "feelings" when we disappoint Him and don't obey Him. He gets frustrated with us. The only way that we can not disappoint Him is if we follow His will and do what He wants us to do...that way He can truly have a great day!

I know this all may sound silly but it makes sense to me. Hopefully it will all make sense to at least one other person too :)

On another note, this week has been so relaxing for me. It seems like all of my school work was either due last week or is due the week after Thanksgiving break. So this week has been a breeze so far as not having to frantically turn anything in. However, that doesn't mean that I've been slacking off on my schoolwork that is due right after Thanksgiving. I mean really...I think all 5 of my professors got together and plotted for us to have to turn all of our big projects in on the same day :) So I'm really trying to get things organized and started on those big projects. I know of 3 due the Monday after Thanksgiving so I've got from now until next Wednesday to complete them (before Thanksgiving break).

This weekend should be a lot of fun! As all of you have probably heard New Moon comes out to theaters Friday! My good friend Amy and I are going to go see it Friday night! Hopefully we'll get to catch up since I haven't seen her since her birthday in October. Then on Saturday TJ and I are going to his niece's 6th birthday party! I am so excited about this! I love seeing and being with TJ's family so much...they are so welcoming and loving. I'm also excited about seeing Rachael light up with joy when she gets to open her presents and see all of her friends and family there, and I'm excited to see baby Leah since I've only gotten to see her once and Uncle TJ has only seen her twice. Then on Sunday our small group bible study is going to have our Thanksgiving feast together! We're doing it on Sunday since so many people are going to be out of town of Thursday visiting their families, plus we'll have the entire afternoon to watch football and hang out together. We're calling the event "Gobble Gobble" but I think I might tell TJ about "Gobble Till' You Wobble!" Isn't it cute? All in all it sounds like a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to tell you about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment